Day 01 – Introduce yourself Day 02 – Why you decided to start a blog Day 03 – Your first day playing WoW Day 04 – Your best WoW memory Day 05 – Favourite item(s) in game Day 06 – Your workplace/desk (photo and/or description) Day 07 – The reason behind your blog’s name
Day 08 – 10 things we don’t know about you
Day 09 – Your first blog post
Day 10 – Blog/Website favourites
Day 11 – Bad habits and flaws
Day 12 – A usual day in your life/online time
Day 13 – People (players/bloggers) that you admire
Day 14 – This upsets you
Day 15 – Your desktop background (on your computer) and why you chose it
Day 16 – Things you miss (post Cataclysm)
Day 17 – Your favourite spot (in game or outside it)
Day 18 – Your favourite outfit
Day 19 – In your bags/bank
Day 20 – If this was your last day playing WoW, what would you do
Day 08 – 10 things we don’t know about you
I’m not very good at these types of things. I need a firm list of questions! But I will try my best.
1. I’m terrified of mirrors. Espeically mirrors in bathrooms. So much so that sometimes I wonder if I was murdered/attacked in a bathroom is a past life.
2. I hate the Sound of Music. And Annie. And any other musical with children in it. I only figured this out the other day, actually. I know I’ve always hated these shows but couldn’t put my finger on why this was. But it turns out I’m just horrible and hate child actors.
3. I have a little brother. He’s only one year younger than me, but I will always call him my baby brother. He’s in the navy and is pretty awesome (even if we did try to kill each other when we were younger!)
4. I don’t drink alcohol. Not for any particular statement or cause. I just don’t like it. I don’t like the taste, I don’t like how expensive it is, and most of all I don’t like people who drink it in excess. I also don’t like losing control of my actions etc. It stems from some bad experiences I had as a teenager with others who were drunk – I’d just rather not be in those situations again.
Sometimes it makes social occasions a little difficult, only in that some people really just don’t understand when I say I’m happy with a glass of coke. But for the most part people are fine.
5. I haven’t thrown up since 1996. The last time I threw up I was 12 and had just had my tonsils out. You can imagine that wouldn’t be a pleasant experience. It was traumatic and painful enough to make me terrified of throwing up since. It’s because of this, that my biggest fear about having children is getting morning sickness.
6. I used to play violin, then clarinet, then piano. One of my proudest moments was learning to play this piece on the piano for my final high school music exams:
7. I’m the only person in my family with green eyes.
8. I lived in England as a live-in nanny for a bit over a year. There sure are a bunch of stories from that adventure! But one of the ones that sticks out most to me:
I do a joke that my Mum used to do with us when we were kids (and actually still does now!) – when we go over a speed bump, she would always say “Hold on to your undies!” and we’d grab our undies and hold on. So one morning while driving the kids to school, I see a speed bump coming up and yell out “hold on to your undies!” and the kids all giggle. And Will (who was 6 or 7 at the time) giggled and yelled “I’M NOT WEARING ANY!!” We thought he was joking until i turned around and he’d pulled down his pants to show he wasn’t wearing anything under his school shorts.
His siblings were mortified, especially when it was revealed that he had sports that day. (The school they went to was the poshest of the posh) So I dropped the kids off to school, then dashed back to the house, grabbed a clean pair of Will’s undies, and had the mortifying task of walking in to the school’s office and announcing to the women on reception that I had Will (surname)’s underpants here – could someone please fetch him so that he could get them? I was thankful they didn’t snicker until I’d at least started to walk away.
9. I read advice columns to feel better about myself.
10. I met my boyfriend on twitter. I had tweeted wanting to know what would make my afternoon better, he tweeted back saying “fairy bread” and we’ve been mad about each other since. 🙂
Ok that took much longer than it should have, but it’s awfully difficult writing about myself in that way! Hopefully some were interesting for you. 🙂